Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bathurst Weekend

Well it is Bathurst weekend. Its the weekend in my year that you don't expect me to do anything late Saturday afternoon or all of Sunday for safety reasons. I sit on the couch and watch the Bathurst 1000 car race. I love Holden. I always have. Unfortunately at the moment we only own Fords but its better than walking when you live on a hill as big as ours. ;) So my race weekend consists of me sitting on the couch if you come over let yourself in cos I ain't getting up and get your own food and drinks. I do everything the night before and I get up at 6.30am and make myself comfy for the coverage to start at 7am. The day is filled with junk food and soft drink but its all good in moderation.

Another thing is this morning I weighed in at 83.2kg which means I have now lost a total of 24.6kg. I am getting so close to being 80kg and below it just spurs me on that little more. I am taking my current weight with a grain of salt as I haven't been to the gym since Monday or the pool for nearly a month and have been unwell for the last week. I think I have lost muscle mass more than anything. The pool reopens on Monday as far as I am aware and I will be returning to the gym as well. I have been having a bad time with food as at the moment as I am coughing that much and I have so much gunk in my chest that it doesn't make for successful eating at times.

I also have my talk I am doing on Monday night at my surgeons seminar to people who are thinking of getting a lap band done. I am going to make notes so I don't forget what I am there for and hope I don't choke. I don't do well in front of crowds of people I don't know so it is going to be a little interesting. Oh well I have my fat pants to show where I have come from so that will put it into perspective for me.

No comments: